Lunch with Randy for Healthcare Professionals
Time & Location
About The Event
Our schedule is as follows:
February 24, 2020: Paying for Care – How to Prepare Your Patients, and Yourself, to Pay for Care
March 2, 2020: Medicaid: Changes, Changes Everywhere
March 9, 2020: Long Term Care Insurance - When to Trigger; How to Avoid Delay; Helping Families Access Benefits
March 16, 2020: Elder Law - How We Can Help You
Why is this important to you?
1. Many times I have healthcare professionals contact me at “the last minute”. Their patient/resident has run out of money and they discover that something has happened that is going to disqualify that patient. There are things that can be done to prevent that from happening. You will learn how.
2. The practicalities of filing a Medicaid application continue to evolve. No office deals with Medicaid agencies more than ours. You will get insight on how to avoid traps. Do you really want to get stuck with a $20,000 bill, just because of some mistake in the Medicaid application?
3. You will discover that the planning process should occur upon diagnosis, and certainly by discharge after a health care crisis.
4. You will also learn how to help your clients not go on Medicaid. Many times there are other alternatives. We will discuss those alternatives.
5. Long term care insurance can be great, if you access it properly. It can cover home care, assisted living, as well as long term care. Do it wrong, and there can be delays and denials.
6. Many do not understand the role of an elder law firm. We will discuss the role we play, especially in helping people stay at home, as well as access private and public benefits. We will introduce your to Life Care Planning and a more holitisc approach to managing aging and chronic illness.