A Pre-Crisis Life Plan Provides the Right Care Today and a Plan for the Future
The right time to get a Life Care Plan is immediately after an event that leaves you concerned about your loved one’s future. Trigger events like those listed below signal that your loved one’s condition is deteriorating, even though it could be months or years before long-term care outside the home is needed.
- A diagnosis of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease or other chronic condition
- A catastrophic event such as a fall, medication mishap, fire, accident in the home or a car wreck
- Discovering that your loved one is wandering, malnourished, dehydrated or unable to care for him/herself due to functional limitations
- A medical event such as a stroke, heart attack or aneurism
- Burnout of the loved one’s primary caregiver
- A distant caregiver concerned about a loved one.
Pre-Crisis Planning Leads to Peace of Mind Today
A Pre-Crisis Life Care Plan benefits you and your family in several important ways:
- It gets your loved one the care he or she needs today, which offers welcome relief for caregivers.
- It plugs you into our network of community services and resources.
- It increases the chances that your loved one can age at home, which helps preserve independence and dignity.
- It insures that all legal and financial affairs will be in order – now and in the future.
- It enables your family to avoid the asset protection crisis when your loved one makes the transition to long-term care.
- It empowers you with a network of support that will help you deal with every legal, health care and long-term care transition that your elder will face for the rest of his or her life.
CLICK HERE to learn more about how to get a Pre-Crisis Life Plan for your loved one. For more information, call Clinkscales Elder Law Practice, P.A. at (785)625-8040 or toll free at (877)325-8040.